The federal government and CDC issued some new and helpful guidelines for our community response to COVID-19. Our leadership and staff team spent all day today in prayer and strategy to ensure the continuation of ICC's ministry in the season ahead.
I am writing to outline some immediate changes to our ministry strategy in response to the most recent recommendations by government. We provided a summary outline these earlier via Facebook video; click here to watch now. While our church's vision and purposes will not change, our strategies are going to need to change drastically in this time. While this e-mail is mostly practical in nature, I hope you will continue to meditate on the Word and message from yesterday. (Missed it? Listen online now.) Until further notice, the following changes will take place:
Local Ministry: We are committed to bring help and hope to our community during this time of crisis. Most of our normal local ministry rhythms are not possible during this time, but we have learned of some specific ways that we can love and serve our neighbors well. Here are some ways you can help serve our community:
- Provide food for Uptown kids. (while they are out of school, many are in need of nutrition & far from food distribution centers)
- Become a Glenmary buddy (check in via calls & texts while they are completely shut off from outsiders)
- Care for our medical professionals (help us show love & care to those on the front line of fighting this virus in our community)
- Partner with St. Jude families (they have some very unique needs in this time)
To sign up to help in one of these areas of need, click here!
Additionally, we are working to expand our Benevolence Fund to help individuals or families in our church who experience hardship due to this crisis. Please reach out to the church if you are in need. Thank you, church family, for giving to make these local ministries possible during this crisis!
Until further notice, we will be meeting for worship ONLINE ONLY.
- We will worship together online via live stream every Sunday at 9am. This will be the primary hour for us to engage in worship corporately across our city. A direct link to our live stream will be available on our website, app and via social media.
- A video recording of our 9am service will stream online at 11am each Sunday.
- There will be opportunities during both service hours to interact with one another.
- We are investing significantly in new equipment that should drastically improve the quality of our online experience together. Thank you for giving to make this possible!
- Please consider "sharing" our invitation to online worship via social media when we communicate details later this week. We would love for new people to find our church and relationship with Jesus!
We are making every effort to keep you connected to supportive and authentic faith community during this time. Because we cannot gather physically, we are working on the following:
- Next week, we will be launching a new online community strategy for all small groups to allow you to continue to gather together.
- Content for group meetings will focus primarily on sharing, care, and prayer for one another.
- This week (while groups are not meeting), we are working on training & resourcing small group leaders for this shift. Please stay tuned for more information from your leader soon.
- If you are not connected to a small group community, you need to be! Groups are our primary resource for connection & care. Please click here to sign up for a small group.
It is vital that we continue to think, pray & act globally, even while we are concerned locally. We will be working in the coming weeks to increase our communication and discipleship related to awareness, prayer & gospel engagement toward internationals in our community and the nations. Additionally:
- GMF will not be meeting in person until further notice. We will be communicating directly with participants on some new creative strategies for growth and participation in missions.
- Short-term teams currently in preparation will hear from their trip leaders soon on trip updates.
- We will continue to plan & prepare for future trips (Tanzania, Serbia, Israel, etc.), but will be changing deadlines to ensure maximum flexibility for travel changes needed due to the Coronavirus travel regulations. Stay tuned for more details.
It is vital that all of us continue to give in faith and faithfulness to the church during this season of change. I am asking every person who calls ICC their church home to please consider enrolling in our online giving. Even while we are not together physically, our ministry will continue in the weeks and months ahead. Our ministry, ministry team, and missionaries around the world are dependent on your giving. Thank you for giving faithfully & generously.
Our facility will be closed for public gatherings and church events until further notice. We are working to continue scheduled meetings through online gatherings. Please contact specific ministry leaders or keep up to date on our website for more information.
Our pastoral and staff teams remain available and committed to pray, serve, and minister to you in any way we can. We are committed to work tirelessly to serve our church and community in this time. Feel free to reach out to us anytime to schedule a call or meeting.
As I said yesterday, let's continue to lift our praise, live in prayer, and love people around us every day. I love you all!
Lead Pastor, on behalf of our ICC Elder Team
FEEL FREE TO TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW THAT OUTLINES 3 WAYS WE, AS THE PEOPLE OF GOD, CAN RESPOND IN THIS COVID-19 CRISIS: TRUST, SERVICE, AND WISDOM.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME INFORMATION UNDER POINT #3 IN THIS VIDEO IS NO LONGER CURRENT. WE ARE NO LONGER GATHERING PHYSICALLY ON SUNDAYS, BUT MEETING ONLINE ONLY.